SO I just returned from good old Amsterdam where I strolled down the red light district at night, stayed at a christain hostel, went on a walking tour of the Jordan area, saw REmbrandt's house and walked through Anne Frank's house. And now the question everyone's been asking...Did you visit a coffee house? Well of course I did. Its pretty impossible to go to Amsterdam and not go to one since there are at least 2 on each block. Don't worry MOm and DAd I didn't smoke the green stuff that they refer to as hash in Europe. Its just so interesting to see the cultural difference between Denmark, Holland, and America. Things are a lot more out in the open in Amsterdam, smoking weed and hiring a prostitute are normal everyday things that the Deutch take part in. It was shocking in some ways. However, I'm not going to indulge my stories on my blog because they will only come back to haunt me. All I can say is that there is not even a photograph taken of FRiday night because thats how down low we're keeping our adventures. Now that I'm back in Copenhagen it feels like I'm back home, a more expensive home then I'm used to, but home none the less. Its hard to think about leaving all the people I've met here and the close bonds I've made with my family. I genuinely call them my family, they are no longer hosts but actually a part of both my worlds. When Per met my family I knew that he and the Lange family would be in my life forever.
But more about AMsterdam. Did you know that 25,000 bikes fall into the canal each year as well as 100s of cars. I didn't and we kind of wanted to add in the statistic that one person makes that fall as well. COugh cough Katherine.
THis week I'm focusing on doing a lot of reading, getting ready for my trip to Tallin and FInland on SUnday, and preparing for JAkob's visit on Thursday. I am quite nervous about the latter one, but hey its a romantic DAnish gesture to travel 4 hours on a train to see a girl. Lets just hope he actually makes it to me. haha
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment