Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've Been to the End of the World...and back




























































This blog post is dedicated to Amanda "my little sister" Clauser. She was the only one to call me out on my lack of blog posts in the past month. Amanda, haha you are probably the only one still reading this but I don't care. This is just to keep my thoughts flowing to the outside world. To catch you up I'm basically living it up here and doing a shit ton of homework as well. I love it here I can't even tell you and I can't wait to actually live here. Yes, thats right. My plans are to move back. NO there is no man persuading me although many are confused as to why I would choose CPH over NYC... But I know why. Copenhagen er hyggeligt by. Meaning Copenhagen is a cozy city.

It's weird to know now that my days are actually numbered and not in a good way. I mean yes some part of me wants to be home in my comfort zone but I just can't get myself to imagine what life will be like when the new me is not here. I'm restless. I want adventure. I want to see things and meet people. But not only that I want to completely know what its like to be a Dane. This is why I couldn't wait for my mother to visit and why I can't believe Tanya will be here in 7 days. Can this really end without me wanting it to? Well the fact of the matter is that physically I can't stay (Visa reasons obviously), but I don't mentally have to leave. Something studying abroad has taught me is that you must experience the now fully, but be aware that the future is eminent. So when I return to NY I will live in the present and not dwell on the fact that I'm not in CPH but look forward to going back there. Copenhagen will not forget about me and with the help of Rosetta Stone those 5.5 million Danes will be able to understand me so much better when I come back.

To my mother:
I'm so happy you were able to see this place and understand why your daughter doesn't want to return home. I'm glad that you fell in love with the idea of me living here. Thank you for all of your support and buying me the Danish Daisy collection! See you soon. : )

To all of you:
Two weeks from tomorrow I will be heading home. Let me set this straight....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!...and if there were any doubts....HOLY SHIT!....I will see you all soon and that is really the only silver lining of this rain cloud that awaits me in Kastrup Airport, May 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment