Dear Denmark,
I will miss you dearly. What have you taught me in 4 months and what new experiences have I had? Well....Basically a lot. These are some that come to mind, but how I've changed as a person can only be described when we actually see each other again. Its 11 days from today and I can't believe how amazing this experience has been.
1. I have visited 10 countries in 3 months
2. I have two sisters of my own.
3. I have learned a foreign language.
4. I have integrated into a society and adopted many customs.
5. I now think excuse me and I'm sorry are interchangeable....Its a danish thing
6. I have fallen in love with Danish techno music
7. I have grown as a person.
8. I have found a new family and a new network.
9. I have found a subject and career I am passionate about.
10. I have found a sense of place and a love for exploring.
11. I can now drink my friends under a table. haha
12. I have learned how to be by myself for a prolonged period of time.
13. I learned to make a life long commitment.
14. I have learned to live four months without my blackberry.
15. Raw egg is not something disgusting anymore, but apart of a sandwich.
16. I appreciate the McDonalds dollar meal even if I never tried it or used it in the states. Its $14 for a double cheeseburger.
17. I have learned how to cycle in any weather and wearing a dress or heals.
18. I have learned the expression "there is no bad weather...just bad clothes"
19. I have adopted the Viking attitude.
20. I have dated a Dane and experienced the typical Danish date.
21. I have been completely owned by Amsterdam.
22. I have been to two different red light districts.
23. I have had a Danish man travel 4 hours on train to see me.
24. I have learned that having brown hair does not mean you're a minority.
25. I am completely comfortable with the fact that I'm not 5'8 and 110 pounds.
26. I have been inspired to try everything and experience life to its fullest.
27. I appreciate the little things in life such as sunshine. Its hard when you don't see sun for a month straight.
28. I have learned from the Jante Law.
29. I have learned and studied universal health care and health reform.
30. I have learned how to travel to a foreign country by myself and managed to survive.
Love,
Vi
No comments:
Post a Comment